If you are looking for a way to jump-start your salon’s online presence, starting a Tumblr blog can be a quick and easy way to highlight your work – and increase your salon’s Google search results (without a lot of time investment!).
Tumblr is one of the easiest blogging tools out there – and one I often recommend to salon owners and stylists looking to try their hand at blogging. Technically called a �?short-form’ blog, or �?micro-blog’, Tumblr makes blogging a snap through its simple dashboard and turnkey templates. It doesn’t take a blogging pro to master the world of Tumblr – and, like most popular social platforms, Tumblr is free!
There are over 76 million blogs on Tumblr and 33 million total blog posts – some of the biggest names in the industry have been posting since the platform started back in 2007. Think of the platform as a way to showcase your stylists, snap photos, upload looks and communicate your salon’s style to the masses.
So, where to you begin? There are three different kinds of Tumblr bloggers: those who produce new content, those who reblog and curate content and those who do…both! And, the shareable piece of Tumblr is amazing! If you jump on the site, you’ll notice that the curation and reblogsection of the platform is the most popular. Imagine if one of the top beauty bloggers curated your salon’s look as this Fall’s trend? In a nutshell, having aTumblr blog for your salon positions your business as not just a place to get a haircut, or to get pampered, but a beauty resource that’s on top of fashion and style!
Here are some quick tips to get started:
- Like all things Tumblr, signing up is easy! Just use your email, create a password, and choose a username!
- Brand your blog: choose one of Tumblr’s customized themes that matches your salon branding, or add a customized there if you have a web design resource at your disposal.
- Jump in and get started! There’s no right or wrong answer here – getting started in sometimes the most difficult task…start with snapping photos of recent salon looks, or trends you like.
- Remember,keep it visual. The beauty of Tumblr is the simplistic nature of the platform – users are drawn to photos and quick-take videos.
- Finally promote your blog in your salon and on your other social networks and be sure to post your blogs on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Check out some of my favorite Tumblr blogs:
For more step-by-step social media guides check out www.stylesync.me!
As always, feel free to contact me at: [email protected] with any quesitons and, be sure to “like” our Facebook page.
Style Sync is an on-line social media training, personal branding and business education platform designed specifically for salon owners and stylists to help them magnify their image and multiply their results.
Style Sync, a division of Evoke Brand Strategies, is an on-line, subscription based social media training, personal branding and business education platform designed to help individual stylists and salon owners turn social media prowess into more clients and more money for your salon.